Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics a product of Web3D Consortium. X3D the royalty-free open standard for publishing, viewing, printing and archiving interactive 3D models on the Web.
- X3D is an ISO-ratified, file format and run-time architecture to represent and communicate 3D scenes and objects for the Web.
- X3D fully represents 3-dimensional data.
- X3D is developed and maintained by the Web3D Consortium.
- X3D has evolved from its beginnings as the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) to the considerably more mature and refined ISO X3D standard.
- X3D provides a system for the storage, retrieval and playback of real time 3D scenes in multiple applications, all within an open architecture to support a wide array of domains and user scenarios.
X3D has a rich set of componentized features that can be tailored for use in engineering and scientific visualization, CAD and architecture, Geospatial, Human animation, 3D printing and 3D Scanning, AR/MR/VR. Today X3D has several applications in medical visualization, training and simulation, multimedia, entertainment, education, and more.
As an open standard X3D can run on many platforms, but importantly can render 3D models in most web browsers without the requirement for additional or proprietary applications. Further, once models are developed utilizing X3D, these easily port to alternative platforms like holographic, head-mounted or other display devices.
Facebook Twitter Youtube